Monday 8 December 2008

The Face Shop Paper Masks

We had a long weekend with the Hari Raya Haji public holiday today and I spent time catching up on beauty sleep, then did some skincare maintenance: exfoliated and put on a paper mask. Image000 Today I used the Vita C mask sheet from The Face Shop. It's one of the numerous paper masks that I regularly get from there. I find The Face Shop's paper masks are moisturising, don't irritate the skin and I don't have to use any serum or moisturiser after it. The good thing about The Face Shop masks is that they are very wet. Thus, there is usually extra serum from the paper mask which you can pour out of the packaging to massage into the skin after using the mask. Normally, I massage and pat the serum from the paper mask after I peel the paper mask off. Sometimes, there is so much serum that I have enough to even rub some on my hands and legs. Hahaha. The Vita C mask is soothing and really does help to brighten my skin. I find it good to use it when I see my skin is getting darker or dull, lacking brightness and clarity. This Vita C mask has Vitamin C, Rasberry and Strawberry extracts, and Phytolex Nanoliposome, which help to also fight free radicals to retard aging. According to the package, Phytolex Nanoliposome is "a composite of Ceramide and natural plant extracts of Mung Bean, White Birch and Rumex Crispus L". I noticed The Face Shop likes to use Mung Bean extracts. I did a google search and found that apparently, Mung Bean extracts have anti-irritation, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action. The Face Shop sells 2 different types of masks . The one in the gold pack pictured above is slightly more expensive. I bought my mask sheets some time ago, so I've lost track of the current prices. The Su Hyang Special Mask Sheet is also moisturising and has a nice fragrance, if you like light herbal smells. I've used it before, but I think generally, paper masks are about the same? I don't discern very much extra differences between each of them. According to the packaging, the Su Hyang mask sheet contains ginseng, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentavitin and Ceramide. © Copyright. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

fuzkittie said...

Hiii! Thanks for the sweet comment on my recent post~ :] I see you have Poupee Girl! I'm adding you, haha.