Monday 23 March 2009

Kanebo Makeup Event (Part 2)

This is a continuation of my Kanebo experience on Saturday. I forgot to post this freebie. Another bag. :D 017copy So, after the skin analysis, the Kanebo makeup artist (MA) from Japan, recommended me the Spring eye palette 01 as it's natural enough for work but also brighter than the other natural palette, 05. I also said I didn't want any pinks/purples as I already have too many such palettes. I eventually bought SA Eyes 01. One of the few orange/brown combinations that seem to work on me. blog 010copy Here are the colours seen on my eyes, done by the MA. Sorry for the surprised look. I was looking up and this is the best photo that shows the makeup. 001copy Shine Drape Rouge RS252 and Lip Essence Base. Lips Essence Base is slightly pinkish and moisturising. blog 012copy Here're the colours on my lips with lip pencil drawn by the MA. I seldom apply my lipstick so thick, but it looks kinda nice and plump, doesn't it? 002copy The Coffret D'or packagining is very sweet as usual. blog 009copy

The MA provided me many useful makeup tips which I would like to share with you.

  1. She told me that since I have brown eyes, I should use brown mascara and brown liner, which she used in the above eye makeup. According to her, brown will emphasize and enlarge my brown eyes more than black. This surprised me and also the SAs. I've always been told I should use black everything since it's darker and will draw more attention to the eyes! I guess the SAs have been using themselves as the basis for recommendation and didn't notice my eye or skin colours at all.
  2. The MA said to I should use a lipliner because my lips are thin and very pale. It would help to bring more emphasis to my lips. So those of you with pale and thin lips, would find this a useful tip. I didn't buy the Coffret Dor liner, it's too expensive, perhaps I'll find a cheaper substitute from Fasio or Majolica.
  3. I was also told to use eyebrow powder at the start of the brow and only use a pencil to lengthen the end of the brow. This was because the MA felt I have strong upper features and the lighter touch of eyebrow powder is better. I think when she said strong, she probably meant prominent? I don't know.

Additional story, she kept saying I look like Narumi Yasuda, who is "a beautiful star" ... Erm??!!!??? Hahaha everyone there (ie. the SAs and me) didn't know who was Narumi Yasuda. I was in particular extremely incredulous and laughing so hard because I really doubted I looked like a beautiful actress. I think the MA felt she must convince me, so she wrote a note and told me to check it. Here's her note, she's so cute! Her handwriting is so cute too. 020copy Anyway I checked, there are very few photos of Narumi Yasuda online but from what I saw, Narumi Yasuda is muuuuch prettier than I can possibly be!! I am nowhere close to her! I don't have a narrow face like her nor is my nose as small and sharp. Maybe the MA thought my eyes were similar? But in any case I felt the MA's advice were all very useful and I took note of all of it. I hope you find these tips of some use, especially if you have brown eyes and "strong" cheeks/eyes/brows. I certainly felt I learnt something, especially how the MA madeup my eyes, even my son felt I looked really nice that day. Keke. © Copyright. All rights reserved.

9 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I love the SA 01! I've got it too--very OL. Your lips look luscious!

I agree about the brown mascara and brown liner...I think it works better with the 01 palette and a lot of other neutral palettes, too.

Love the GWP--why don't we get stuff like that in Europe!?!

fuzkittie said...

I want all the SA palettes!!! :x Lips looks great! That color is gorgeous.

I do love brown liner!!! Hehehe.

Laura L said...

gorgeous... love the haul....

miRaCLe said...

nice haul!! *envyyy* ;p
thanks for sharing with us the great tips from the MA! :D

Yumeko said...

u have the lunasol anniversary brown liner right? try using that more and see how u feel

also have u tried that sally hansen lipgloss [lipfinity?] that i told u about? its cheap and good hee

Ahleessa said...

Thank you for following my blog!... hehe~ You're going to laugh but I was a silent reader of yours. I like seeing all your Japanese haul. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Aichaku San!
Greetings from Shizuoka, Japan!
Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!
You certainly like Japan a lot! LOL
Mind you, the Japanese love Singapore, too!
Cheers,
Robert-Gilles

MiuMiu said...

the coffret d'or items are soooo pretty!! now i regret not getting one of their new palettes. i was considering getting the same one as you. it looks nice on you =D

dodo said...

the colors in the palette are so pretyy. I love Narumi Yasuda, used to watch her tv series with Nakamori Akina, cool, now i know who you look like :)