Monday 13 July 2009

On Becoming A New Guerlain Fan

Note: I'm changing my way of blogging my hauls. I used to put prices as a service for those who wanted to know, but I'm feeling this exposes my spendings abit too much, and subjects me to snarky comments, so I'm no longer going to put in prices. I am slowly but surely becoming a Guerlain fan as a result of all the discounts that the brand has been offering of late. After I purchased Meteorites in Pearly White and Meteorites Voyage at a nice price, I found I really like the experience of applying Guerlain products. The Meteorites powder is lightly scented with an unmistakeable signature Guerlain fragrance and is such a pleasure to use everyday. I read in forums that some people find the Meteorites powder does nothing for them. For me, on the other hand, I notice a significant difference. When I use Pearly White, I find it works very well to highlight my features. It also has a nice light-reflecting effect that hides imperfections in my skin, without extreme shimmer. I have not tried my Guerlain Pearly White compact yet, but I look forward to using it.

Last week, I added to my Guerlain collection when I headed to the CK Tang Guerlain counter to get the Summer Fling set. It was a special offer which was on from 10-12 July, consisting of a Perfect White UV Protector + KissKiss Lip Gloss + Meteorites Pearl Powder No.3. The set was available at a S$62 discount from the usual total price of all the items. You can select any KissKiss lip gloss colour for the set and the very nice SA helped me choose No. 864. The SA also told me Meteorites No.3 can be used for a bronzing effect or for contouring. I have been using as a contouring powder.

KissKiss Lip Gloss No. 864 and Butterfly Kiss Limited Edition mascara

While I was there, I was also informed there's a 50% discount on eye makeup, excluding some mascara, liners and the Summer eye palettes. So I picked up a Limited Edition Spring 09 palette and a Butterfly Kiss Limited Edition mascara, which is a combination of black and sparkly violet.

Spring 09 eye palette and Meteorites No. 3

In addition to the 50% discount, I got a S$10 discount each from the palette and mascara because I used the CK Tang beauty vouchers that I have. I also used my rebate $ in my CK Tang card and "saved" quite a lot when I made this purchase.
Even though I bought everything at promotion prices, the SA gave me a gift-with-purchase (GWP). This was unlike the Guerlain SA at Takashimaya, who told me I can't get a GWP because I purchased Meteorites in Pearly White and Meteorites Voyage at a promotion price. *sulk* In general I find the Guerlain SAs in CK Tang better than the ones at Takashimaya.

4-piece gift-with-purchase and Perfect White UV Protector

On Sunday, I went back to CK Tang to get 2 more palettes in Rose and Violet. Much to my regret, by Sunday there were no more Limited Edition palettes left! And I also picked up another mascara in violet (not pictured). Similarly, I utilised some rebate $ and a couple of S$10 beauty vouchers to reduce my actual cash spendings on these items.

Rose and Violet Palettes

Guerlain is a reputable brand and doesn't come cheap. So, overall, I'm so happy to have obtained these Guerlain items at great discounts. There were some speculation and suspicions about why Guerlain's giving so many discounts lately. I personally don't think there are any defects to the products. Otherwise, by normal industry standards, the products should be recalled, not sold off at cheap prices. I could think of no other reason except an attempt by Guerlain to reach more people in these tough economic times.

© Copyright. All rights reserved.

20 comments:

Tish said...

OMG! My pupils nearly popped out in amazement! I'm not sure if we have a Guerlain booth down here, but if we did, I sure wouldn't know what to do if they offered their items with great discounts. Now, can I say I'm so jealous of your haul? I always drool when I see those quads :(

Tracy said...

Haha! That's great, you got yourself a steal as well. I rushed down to get myself the spring quad and the turquoise quad. I wasn't too sure about the Guerlain butterfly mascara with the purple and all. When you get a chance, please show us how it looks!

Jamilla Camel said...

Aha! Another convert!!

Tracy said...

WAH!Pretty loots!
Guerlain loose powder is being my new love.
:)

miRaCLe said...

wow! definitely a great haul! :))

Claire said...

Guerlain = <3

I wonder what other promos will they have after this. :D

Shop N' Chomp said...

Fantastic stash you got! I'm still a Guerlain virgin. :(

izumi said...

gorgeous palettes!~ i am very jealous ;D

fuzkittie said...

Wow great deals!!!

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

I'm always a Guerlains fan... although many ppl tot Guerlain is just another high price but do nothing brand.. hahaha.. i love the meteorites, lippies, eyeshadows & kohl eyeliner ! Super Super love them ! They have a tinted sunscreen but too bad they have discontinued that particular product...

stellarvixen said...

care to show us EOTD with guerlain quad palettes..
they are truly classy- i like the violet palette! hehe

you are so cute ...going back and forth for the other palettes..
someone once said to me..if you are thinking or dreaming about it for 3 days..GO GET IT! lol

FriendzCentury said...

I like Guerlain's skin care products, but am still quite new to their make up.

It's such a shame that we don't get discounts like so in HK.

K said...

What a great haul! I recently tried a Guerlain palette, and it's LOVE!!!

Laura L said...

aww... they are such a high end brand in M'sia, oh...all around the world? I think so~
what a great Guerlain haul!

Funkiimonkee said...

I never tried Guerlain products before (very pricey) but they do look tempting! Expecially with discounts..please give us a review on all the products you bought:)

C'est LazziMic said...

wow...GREAT hauls! The Spring 09 eye palette looks soooooo nice...i'm jealous :p You'll have to do us EOTD with these palette...hehe

Zoe said...

Wow, I love everything u got, can u do a review on theSpring 09 eye palette and Meteorites No. 3?thanks for sharing..

MiuMiu said...

those palettes look like jewels!

Stephanie said...

wow ballin!!

PB said...

Those are great deals and I love Guerlain stuff too especially their lip stuff :D Too bad we don't get those sorta deals here or I'd be so broke LOL