Wednesday 19 August 2009

Guest Review: Sheer Indulgence Facial at The World of Organic Skincare

Note: I used to put prices as a service for those who wanted to know, but I'm feeling this exposes my spendings abit too much, so I'm no longer going to put in prices. ^__^ Recently, Aichaku's Beautification was offered a no-holds barred, no-strings attached opportunity to review the Sheer Indulgence Face Spa, which is The World of Organic Skincare's signature non-invasive facial treatment that is customised according to individual skin concerns. Additionally it was a chance to learn more about the two main brands, Living Nature (NZ) and Organic Apoteke (UK) carried and distributed by The World of Organic Skincare. As the name of the company suggests, their products are organic and natural. The only request from the company was for honest and sincere feedback. Lucky reader, Pinky took up the offer and came back glowing. Here is her review of her experience. Sheer Indulgence Facial at The World of Organic Skincare by Pinky Thanks to Aichaku of Beautification, I got to sample the luxurious and aptly titled Sheer Indulgence Facial at The World of Organic Skincare. World of Organic Skincare Firstly, some facts: The World of Organic Skincare is located at 468 River Valley Road, right opposite Valley Point Shopping Centre. Their number is 68380168 and other than facials, they also provide a whole menu of other spa services like nail treatments, massages and yes, even Brazillian waxing. spa menu The World Of Organic Skincare distributes 2 organic skincare brands: Living Nature, which is free from synthetic ingredients and preservatives, and Organic Apoteke, a line of organic cosmetics and skincare based on ayurvedic principles.
Living Nature Organic Apoteke
I was hosted by the director of The World of Organic Skincare, Lawrence Chee and my therapist for the Sheer Indulgence facial was the lovely Mei Lin who is also the GM. The facial: The session started with my filling up a form, listing my typical skincare routine and my concerns regarding my skin. Mei Ling used this as an assessment tool for my facial as The World Of Organic Skincare customizes their facials according to different skin types. The only thing in common is the manuka honey mask because it is very gentle and suitable for all skin types. On top of that, I really like the fact that all their products are pumped out on the spot at the cocktail bar according to customers’ needs; nothing is pre-prepared.
Treatment room
As I have sensitive skin, Mei Lin recommended that I use the Enzyme mask and the Hydrating mask rather than the Kaolin clay peel. The Kaolin clay peel is an exfoliating treatment which has the added benefits of brightening overall skin tone, with firming and lifting properties to boot. The facial started with makeup removal and cleansing. I had the option of testing out both the milk cleanser as well as the foaming cleanser. What was interesting to me is that the foam from the foaming cleanser actually comes from a plant called gum-digger's soap. No chemicals or foaming agents were used to create the suds which is rather magical for me :) This was followed by a deep cleansing mask for my T-zone area while the rest of my face was treated with the hydration mask. Exfoliation was gently done using the enzyme mask and I was treated to pampering massages while the masks were working on my skin. Living nature products Then came the highlight of the facial: the Manuka honey mask. The honey was warmed up and massaged into my skin using a pair of special rose quartz crystal wands which were also heated to keep the honey pliable. The heat was comforting and the pressure from the rose quartz crystal wands were just right. I felt my facial muscles relax, much as if I've gone for a massage for my face. The facial ended with a hydrating mask to cool my skin and I emerged relaxed and ready to face the world. Thoughts: My skin was definitely glowing after the facial. Overall skin tone seemed evened out and I was able to walk out without the urge to put on my BB cream, with only the sunscreen Mei Lin used on me as my only sun protection. It was also interesting how the moisturiser and sunscreen did not turn sticky in our humid weather but remained relatively 'crisp' on my skin even after a couple of hours later. Another thing which I really liked was how smooth and glossy my lips were after using the Living Nature lip balm. With sensitive skin and lips that tend to peel after using lip balms, lip glosses, lipsticks, I'm leery of using stuff on my lips. However, the Living Nature lip balm changed my mind. Maybe I should really consider getting a tube for myself after all :) I also liked the fact that the facial is highly customised and the therapist is confident enough to "prescribe" the products used and the massage protocols in the facial were also tailored for my specific conditions. The only problem I had was with the location of the spa. It's not a biggie, in fact, they are very central and well-located, just that it's not near any train stations, so it's better if you drive or take the bus. For me, I'm more with the trains, so had to take a cab on the day of my appointment. But as I mentioned, it's not a biggie as they are very easy to locate. Do give them a try. For someone who's tried lots of skincare brands, it was an interesting experience to try out organic, natural skincare products which works just as well as other non-organic brands. © Copyright. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Beauty Mineral said...

Beauty Mineral products ae effective as they contain the nutrition and vitamins.

Shop N' Chomp said...

How fun! I love facials.

MiuMiu said...

the spa room looks so nice. thanks for posting this up!

Jani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aBi said...

I'm glad Living Nature worked for you. I liked that it was organic and all natural but I don't think it works. I bought a whole set and I don't feel like it did anything amazing to my face. Actually their sunscreen made my skin break out so after finishing the set, I stopped using. I'm still using their fruit enzyme mask and that does make my skin feel smoother after but the effect doesn't last very long. Oh well, that's just my experience. :)