Sunday 13 September 2009

Review: Green Bean Cleansing Powder

Note: I used to put prices as a service for those who wanted to know, but I'm feeling this exposes my spendings abit too much, so I'm no longer going to put in prices. ^__^ I purchased a box of this Green Bean Cleansing Powder from an atrium sale at West Coast Plaza. It was very cheap, costing less than SG$10 per box of 20 satchets.

I was willing to try it because the ingredients list is very small - it contains only 3 ingredients: Green bean, Job's tear and wheat germ.

Although there are Japanese words on the packaging, it's actually a made-in-Taiwan product, from a company called Shine-ball Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (Funny name huh? I couldn't help giggling when I typed this.)

According to the usage instructions, one could either use it as a face wash/scrub or as a mask.

The contents are in powder form, so you add either water (for the wash/scrub) or some egg white (for the mask) to 1 packet of powder to form a paste. I used it last week, and found that I didn't need a whole packet. Half a packet is more than enough to form a paste to cover the entire face. And since I think egg white is quite drying, I used water to make a mask.
I mixed half the contents with water and smeared the paste over my face to make a mask, but found that the paste dried up and tightened my skin very fast, so I couldn't leave it on for more than 5 minutes. After that, I moistened it and then used the granules to scrub my face before washing everything off.
The product left my skin soft and clear (like it has whitening properties?) but a bit on the dry side. My skin was a bit squeaky and tight after use. I believe it removed some of my black heads on the nose. I think it'll be perfect for people with oily skin. For subsequent usage I intend to mix in some milk/soya milk for a more moisturising mask.
For something that costs so little, I feel it really works very well. The only problem is, I don't think I can find it again. The atrium sale was organised by Cold Storage but I think the company that was selling the products there was a distributer or agent, called Jia Sen Enterprise. I think the product is not found on the shelves in Cold Storage.
I have so many things to review and share with you, but I'm find myself so short of time! Especially since I'm so busy making jewellery and have progressed to making handphone and bag charms. It's so addictive! I made soo many and am now too lazy to photograph them. Would you be interested to see what I did?
© Copyright. All rights reserved.

10 comments:

Daituf said...

Woooo, bag charms! That's so clever!
I find they make a boring bag interested. But never thought to make one myself.
Please do show your creations!

Shop N' Chomp said...

I'd love to see what you've made. :D

Tracy said...

Yes, I would love to see your charms!

Bijin Blair said...

This powder sounds great! I'd keep an eye out for it!

SS said...

Please please show us the bag charms. I am going through a bag charm phase right now. Maybe you can even start selling them. =)

Kalmo said...

Hi!

I just stumbled across your blog and your review on a green bean cleanser really caught my eye. If you're looking for a replacement, try the Kuan Yuan Lian Green Bean cleanser from Taiwan. It's very cheap and on sale at sasa.com (free international shipping code at Shopn'Chomp's website). I reviewed it here if you're interested:

http://cambosoup.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Kalmo said...

Hi!

I just stumbled across your blog and your review on a green bean cleanser really caught my eye. If you're looking for a replacement, try the Kuan Yuan Lian Green Bean cleanser from Taiwan. It's very cheap and on sale at sasa.com (free international shipping code at Shopn'Chomp's website). I reviewed it here if you're interested:

http://cambosoup.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

hi there i was actually researching about this green bean cleansing powder then i came across your post:)) actually i agree with you tt this product is good:) i just got it at compass point shopping centre sengkang! so there's still alot left until this friday i think. cos cold storage is having some sale for their imported foreign products. so do get some there then! thx again!

Junita said...

hello!
green bean powder is available at four seasons organic market as well, it costs 6.00 for 500 grams i think. I'm using it now and it's really good!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I brought the green bean powder in IMM before but now the shop close down ady. May I know which shop in west coast? pls drop me an email sally200539@hotmail.com thank you soo much...