Friday 2 October 2009

Here's to the Weekend Ahead!

Note: I used to put prices as a service for those who wanted to know, but I'm feeling this exposes my spendings abit too much, so I'm no longer going to put in prices. ^__^ Hi everyone, TGIF!!! Weekend ahead, woot! I stopped by Raffles City to check out the Luxasia sale and bought my all-time favourite old-time fragrance, L'air du Temps at a nice price. I'm using Anna Sui's Flight of Fancy for some time now but recently found it abit too sickly sweet and cloying. As I don't usually stock up on fragrances, I had no alternative, so it's great I found my old favourite at a great price at a time when I needed it. Don't ask me why, but I also picked up a YSL Whitening Essence and The YSL Radiant Brush Foundation, both at more than 50% off the retail price. As though I don't have enough base makeup already! And looks like I've not learnt my lesson and am still game to try new skincare products? Hard to resist all these interesting products available out there I guess? I hope the foundation shade no.4 isn't too dark for me.
While I was there, I saw that Robinson's was having another sale, so although I also already have tonnes of mask I couldn't resist getting more, as they seemed cheap enough to me to warrant trying.
I tried to look for the Kanebo counter at Robinsons but it's no longer there! Sad!! I hope I could wait patiently for a Takashimaya or BHG sale before stocking up on my trusty Kanebo products.
In response to my previous post, someone commented that whitening products can be drying and I agree with her.

That's why Kanebo was so great for me! Even when I trimmed down my skincare routine to just Kanebo products, I was doing really great, until I finished the products and started trying those darned DHC and Paul & Joe items.
Kanebo's skincare was the first whitening range of skincare that didn't aggravate my skin. It clarified my skin, made my freckles lighter (I think because of the melanin-inhibiting ingredients) and added glow (probably due to the moisturising and hydration ingredients). I'm definitely returning to using it!! (Not enough exclamation marks to represent my eagerness to return to Kanebo!!!!!)

Long-time readers will recall the post I made about how the skin-analysis machine proclaimed my melanine levels have dropped and my skin is in a normal-balanced state. Thank God I still have some sample size bottles and satchets I received as freebies and gift-with-purchases. I can use those before I find some time to get to the trusty Kanebo counters at either Takashimaya or BHG.

Oh yes, it just occured to me to get the ingredients list from the web, for the products I reviewed in my previous post! Why didn't I think of that earlier?
So here's the ingredients list for DHC Acerola Lotion from the DHC US website:

"water, butylene glycol, malpighia glabra (acerola) fruit extract, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, yeast extract, hydroxyproline, placental protein, disodium ascorbyl sulfate, serine, allantoin, methylparaben, acetyl tyrosine, paeonia suffruticosa root extract, pueraria lobata root extract"

And what do you know? While I was at the website, I read that the lotion is for normal to oily skin! Gawsh, no wonder I am reacting badly to it! An SA actually said today that my skin looked alittle aggravated and allergic to something. I couldn't agree more with her. I need to stop using that lotion. Silly me for not finding out about the product before using it!

Here's the ingredient list for Paul & Joe Whitening Emulsion (I found it at this website, and it's a discontinued product anyway), and OH.MY.GAWD! Alcohol is the highest concentration in the list, after water. No wonder my skin reacted badly!!!!!!! (Again not enough exclamation marks to express my horror).

"Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprate, Butylene Glcyol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, C14-15 Dialkyl Carbonate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Aesculus Hippocastanium (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Crataegus Cuneata Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Rosa Rugosa Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Leaf Exttract, Disodium Phosphate, Hydrogenated Rapeseed Glycerides, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Polysorbate 80, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Mehtyl Stearoyl Taurate, Sorbitan Stearate, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). "

Freak me out! It says on that website that it functions with Bleaches & Lighteners!!! GREAT! No wonder my skin was peeling and going nuts!

This teaches me a great big lesson on the evils of complacency!!! Buahahaha. Time to stop using those 2 items and perhaps put them up on the sale blog? Hmm? Any interest? I mean, these 2 products did have great reviews elsewhere, so they do work for some people and you might be one of them. I'll be selling them cheap, cause I didn't pay too much for them anyway.

© Copyright. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I do love my Kanebo makeup, that's for sure!! I will have to try out their skincare too!

P&J Whitening Serum (the new product) does very well on my skin, but then I'm not too sensitive anyway!

Good luck and what fantastic bargains you bagged!

Jessy said...

i've tried the activa masks before. i think they are really good..i bought it from malaysia though. have not really noticed it in singapore before..try it, i think u might like it! =)

Laura L said...

aww, activa mask.... nice?? looking forward for the review :)

oh, by the way do u have any breakouts after using Silk Whitia mask? I'm having at least 5 devil zits now, but i'm not sure whether it causes by the mask or not.

amynaree said...

great deal on the ysl stuff!! i think it's hard to stick to one product because there's so much out there to try and we all can't help but be curious :)

i'm curious to try the p&j whitening thing, how much are you letting it go for?

Shop N' Chomp said...

Holy cow...whatta sale! 50% off YSL?! Unbelievably awesome!

Esther said...

Bhg bugis is having sale! Think it's 10% off at kanebo! From 1 oct to 4 oct... Do check it out! Can I ask where's the luxasia sale? What brands are available?

aichaku-愛着 said...

hi baohui, luxasia sale is at Robinsons Raffles City Level 3, Training Room fr 1st to 3rd oct, 1030am-10pm. today's the last day. makeup - only YSL, perfumes - alot of the brands that luxasia distributes, there's alot, but i only zoomed in on my fav, so i didn't really notice the other brands.