Monday 4 October 2010

Skincare Woes Never End in the Eternal Search for "Perfection"

This article was originally posted at http://aichakubeautification.blogspot.com. If you see it anywhere else without credit, the content is stolen without permission.

Just when I thought my skin was behaving well and I finally got my skincare down to a nice routine, my skin made a sudden turn and is wrecking my peace of mind! It's getting very oily but dehydrated, and my dark circles are worse.

I'm not sure what is the cause of this change. It could be stress, it could be me consuming too much sugar and caffeine due to stress, or it could be hormones (though I'm too young yet for menopause).

Whatever it may be, now I have half finished bottles of skincare that are doing nada for me. I need to go pick up some new stuff and have another round of trial and error.

How annoying, isn't it?

What about you? Do you experience this? How do you solve or deal with it?

Maybe I should learn to just buy small bottles of everything. It would end up being more economical in the long run, wouldn't it?

This article was originally posted at http://aichakubeautification.blogspot.com. If you see it anywhere else without credit, the content is stolen without permission.

© Copyright aichakubeautification. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

p chan said...

I'm stuck in the same rut as you. Enlarged pores, clogged pores, and oily + dehydrated skin and acne scarring. :( I've been trying out HABA skincare recently and its wrecking my skin so badly within the first week of usage!

I'm starting back on my old routine, cetaphil and simple toner with sunscreen. I guess the lesser the better?

I hope your skin settles down and that you'll find your perfect skincare routine!!!

astrorainfall @ beauty box said...

Yeah me too... I stopped taking the pill and I'm in my 3rd month without it and I think there is hormonal upheaval going in my previously clear skin.

I'm trying to use natural products that are paraben free plus just aloe vera gel for problem areas.

aichaku-愛着 said...

@p-chan: it's true, i'm also beginning to think less is more. i <3 cetaphil too.
@astrorainfall: *hugs* hormones suck! going for natural products is wise as there are probably fewer irritants in the products.

kuri said...

ah, that's a total pain!
It's the same for me when that happens. It doesn't happen too often to me though; mostly just with some sunscreens and foundations.

I try not to use too many products (i.e. primer) but that's just cause I'm lazy. Caffeine and lack of sleep doesn't improve my skin either. I try to drink lots of water too.