Wednesday 5 January 2011

Am I Transforming Into An Unwashed Hippy?

This article was originally posted at http://aichakubeautification.blogspot.com. If you see it anywhere else without credit, the content is stolen without permission.

hippie also hip·py (hĭp'ē)


n., pl., -pies.

A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles.



At the end of 2010, I started to wind down on my beauty efforts and although I'm back to work now, 2011 is turning out to be extremely minimalist for me.

I've stopped using base makeup and makeup in general, no deodorant (just a spritz of perfume/perfume oil), and no hairspray. I haven't been using my body scrubs or face scrubs, just some moisturising mask once in a while.

I haven't bought any new makeup or skincare or body care items since I came back from Japan.

It's not like I'm smelling bad or looking awful (just rather washed out and pale I guess).

I rather like the minimal effort needed before I leave the house. No one seems to have noticed anything different in me anyway (my office is conservative and few people wear loud makeup, if any). That is, I'm just wondering when's the next time another old lady will state matter-of-factly an unsolicited advice about how "aunty" I am. Again.

Not that I'm transforming into an unwashed hippy anytime soon, but I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't have bought all those new makeup palettes in 2010!

By the way, thanks for all the comments in the previous post. I agree with all of you! :D


This article was originally posted at http://aichakubeautification.blogspot.com. If you see it anywhere else without credit, the content is stolen without permission.

© Copyright aichakubeautification. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi loving your blog!

I too have gotten more and more "minimalistic" with age. Sometimes I'm to the point of straight up scrubbing haha! When I was younger I made every effort to go all out before stepping out of the house -- hair, make-up, nails, etc. But eventually it got exhausting as well as expensive to keep up the maintenance!

Nowadays I put on make-up for special occasions and it feels a little bit more special. But for 2011 I plan to try a little "harder" with my appearance lol .... well maintaining a beauty blog will def keep me motivated!

And yeah I don't think bb cream is a miracle cream for your skin at all. It is basically just another form of foundation and actually the consistancy is pretty thick -- i wouldn't be surprised if it clogs yoru pores. Again I don't wear it every day so it hasn't made much impact on my skin.

Anyways I just subscribed to you :)
Hope you can check out my blog if you get the chance!

<3 Kelly
http://www.lipglossloveaffair.com

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Amazing. Apart from the not washing bit, i'm quite hippy. x hivennn. p.s enter my giveaway?

Jamilla Camel said...

Hi There! I have just returned after 10 months off blogging!! I got a job where I worked from home and didn't need to make up or dress up!

I am back now - drop me a mail and let me know how you are doing!!!